I finally got the physical proof of the fantasy novel I have been working on since the beginning of the year!
Being of grumpy nature, my first words upon opening the package were “God damn it!” Ha ha ha.
I was of course referring to how dark the cover printed- most of my painting simply came out black. As I have griped about in previous posts, what you see in you actual drawing file versus what gets saved when converted to a .jpeg or .pic or .png is a whole other animal. Over the last year I have searched for clues online on how to get things to come out right, but have had no luck.
I actually thought my prayers were answered when I had to submit the drawing file to the printer, cause they required a PDF file. When I saved it as such, I was shocked to see that it looked identical to my drawing file version. No way! I cried… finally I had found a format that looked like what I had intended. Well, now I know it looks good, but prints terribly. The other formats look worse, but print better.
Back to the drawing board (no pun intended, but what the hell, it works).